12. jerry - Sick Sacraments

12. jerry


Jerry:  Okay. I think it is called a lover’s shake, a mutual  

agreement. But let’s not go there. Let me ask you something else. How  

are you getting through?


Jennifer:  Well Jerry. I simply did this circuit thing to capture  

whatever media attention there is left. I’m practically washed up.  

I’m even having trouble getting exposure ever since I said that thing  

about the radical right and them being the reason why our civil liberties  

are being eroded.


Joe:         I worked at fast food joints while doing my singing. Today’s  

version of slavery. But you know I have to say it did feel good  

giving people what they wanted even if it was slop. Art is not like  

that.


June:  I used to bounce checks when I first opened the grocery store.  

I had to. I don’t see how anybody can have an honest business  

anymore. Look at the big companies. They do it all the time. I know  

some people try to pass counterfeit money. But I’m on to that.


José: Before I became an artist, I was self-employed as a thief. The  

transition came when I hung a couple of brand new vacuum cleaners I  

stole in a gallery. They sold for ten times their purchase price.  

That’s when I knew I was onto something. But I really started making  

big bucks in art when I started playing around with religious dogmas.


Janet:  See. We are never unemployed. We’re always doing things. I  

myself am always busy. Even sleeping, whenever I do sleep, I’m doing  

something. Right now, I sew for a living and I garden in my spare  

time. I seem to always get through.


José:  Even thinking is a job. I like to conceptualize my next  

religious art adventure. I don’t even have to read their holy books  

anymore. There’s enough stories going around that I just mix and  

match. When I am not doing, I feel anti-social.


Jack:  I used to be a scientist for the military. It was only way to  

go to college, get a job, a house, health insurance or, for that  

matter, a life. I am glad I did it. It taught me a lot. I got to  

retire early and I get a good pension. I’m now on the board of  

directors for Crisco Enterprises.


John:  Oh girl. I am still trying to get through. If we do not shake  

this apathy around us, if we do not hold to account those who make  

the mistakes, it will be democracy of the super-rich. And we’ll all  

be soon marchin’ to the leader’s demands.


Jerry:  Let me throw something at you. Do you think Bob Luck was  

killed? And do you think they buried him in those trademark white  

patent leather loafers of his?


John:  Oh child, he was a pig, wasn’t he? And a greased one at that.  

Did you know he left his money to some white-ass think tank in DC to  

come up with ways to maintain social inequalities?


June:  Oh. You mean the status quo. Maybe that’s why I’m having  

trouble finding a good pair of white shoes at the mall.


José: I never got to know him personally but right now I’m having a  

life-size porcelain statue made of him in those famous white shoes. I  

was asked by the Heritage Foundation to do it for their barracks on  

the mall.


John: Well damn. That’s exactly the organization I was talking about.  

I do not see why democracy means everybody but me. I think it was Bob  

who left the cake out in the rain.


Jennifer:  I was there with him entertaining the boys.


Jack: I was at one of those shows. I know one thing, when I’m dead  

I’m going to make sure that my body is shaved before I’m put in the  

ground.


Jerry:  Next question. Did the price of freedom get any cheaper?


José:  Definitely not since this country has managed to outsource  

everything. It has been dumbed down and crammed full of the ill-trodden  

searching for a better life.


June:  Hey. I’m from a immigrant family. My parents came here to do  

exactly that. Sure it’s better and they worked for it. If you don’t  

like it, leave.


José:  Listen, you asian hussy. Don’t get me wrong. You know, it’s  

not just an industry or a science or a military thing. It’s a  

combination of them all. It’s they who have the money, control the  

information and are the ones in power. They treat us like they want  

us to behave, dumb, needy and willing.


John: All right. Let’s read. Freedom is dear. The whole idea behind  

their plan is to poison our civil liberties by supporting suppression  

and terrorism in areas of tension among us.


Jennifer: That’s why you’ll never see a catholic latino supporting an  

agnostic asian homosexual or a black panther or, for that matter, a  

jewish american princess like me.


June: Asians are not homosexuals. They are she-males and pussy-men.


Jack:  Jerry, you brought me on the show with a group of she-devils  

and pinko-dick-heads. I thought we were here to talk about the one  

true religion and the next Bob Luck golf tournament.


John:  Same difference.


José I have heard the holy cry of an Art Jihad. I am ready to bomb  

for art. We need to remain eclectic forever, always missing the  

point. Down with class art!


Jerry: We’ll be back in a moment, don’t go away.


Audience:     Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!




Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

01. sun and park - Sick Sacraments

02. dawned on dee / the dawning of dee / dee dawn, dee dawn, dawn, dee - Sick Sacraments

20. sally - Sick Sacraments